About the Australian Representative Office, Ramallah (ARO)
The Australian Representative Office in Ramallah was established in September 2000. The Office facilitates Australia’s relationship with the Palestinian Authority and enhances Australia’s support for the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
The Office oversees the implementation of Australia’s substantial development assistance program in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and enables Australia to keep abreast of developments on the ground in the PalestinianTerritories. It also helps Australia to achieve other regional objectives, including support for good governance and democracy. It facilitates the expansion of our commercial contacts.
The Australian Representative Office is unable to offer direct consular assistance or assistance with immigration issues (including issuing passports and visas). For consular assistance in the West Bank and Gaza please contact the Australian Embassy in Tel Aviv. Assistance with immigration issues may be obtained from the Australian Embassies in Tel Aviv, Amman or Cairo.
Notarial services (legalising documents)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our ability to provide some services (including notarial services) may be limited, and you will need to make an appointment ([email protected]).
The Australian Representative Office provides notarial services, including the certification of true copies of documents (that are either Australian or others intended for use in Australia), witnessing signatures on documents, statutory declarations and witnessing affidavits.
More information: Notarial services (legalising documents) overseas
Notarial services fees
Notarial services fees increased from 1 January 2017 following a recommendation from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's Functional and Efficiency Review.
Fees take into account the annual rate of inflation in Australia, the growing cost of delivering notarial services and rising demand.
From 1 January 2021 fees for Statutory Declarations, witnessing signatures and certifying documents will be AUD 74. Apostille Stamp certificate fees will be AUD 85. Fees are to be paid in ILs according to the exchange rate on 1 January 2021.
We are following local guidance and restrictions and have reduced office hours, but we remain available and are continuing to work. During this period you will need to make an appointment for any direct services. This can be done by email ([email protected]) or if the matter needs prompt attention please call +972 3 6935000.
Public holidays 2021
- 01 January, Friday, New Year’s Day
- 26 January, Tuesday, Australia Day
- 30 April, Friday, Good Friday
- 03 May, Monday, Easter Monday
- 12 May, Wednesday, Eid Al-Fitr*
- 13 May, Thursday, Eid Al-Fitr*
- 19 July, Monday, Eid Al-Adha*
- 20 July, Tuesday, Eid Al-Adha*
- 24 December, Friday, Christmas Day
- 27 December, Monday, Boxing Day
- 28 December, Tuesday, Additional DFAT Holiday
- 29 December, Wednesday, Additional DFAT Holiday
- 30 December, Thursday, Additional DFAT Holiday
- 31 December, Friday, Additional DFAT Holiday
*Eid holidays are subject to change as they are determined by the sighting of the moon.
DRIVER / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Australian Representative Office in Ramallah is seeking to fill the position of Driver / Administrative Assistant to perform duties at the Office and Residences in addition to driving.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Current Heavy Vehicle Driver’s License (Armoured Vehicle experience preferred)
- Knowledge of road system in the WB&G and Israel, and of the prevailing security conditions
- Fluent in Arabic and English, with Hebrew as an asset
- Computer and Clerical skills
- Valid Jerusalem ID holder preferred
- High degree of professionalism in undertaking their duties
Applicants should supply a resume in English including at least two references, and a cover letter explaining how they meet criteria required. Applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications by COB 15 April 2021.
The Australian Representative Office is an equal opportunity employer and has a policy of smoke-free working environment.
Travel advice for Israel and the Palestinian Territories.